1. Less Maintenance: Fiberglass pools have reinvented the paradigm that pools are a lot of work. In fact, many pool owners spend less than 30 minutes a week in total maintenance.
2. Less Cost: Yes, fiberglass and concrete may cost the same initially, but long term, due to the chemical and maintenance/resurfacing issues, fiberglass is is much less cost in the long run.
3. Installation Time: Who wants a pool company in their yard for months on end? Answer: no one. In fact, our fiberglass pools are usually completed, including decking, in about 6 weeks, depending on weather. This means less stress for you. And your neighbors!
4. Much Easier on your Feet: Believe it or not, this is a BIG deal. You can enjoy a fiberglass pool for hours without getting your feet torn apart by the rough surface of gunite.
5. More Appealing to Potential Home Buyer: Now that so many people understand the low maintenance and longevity benefits of fiberglass, the real estate market has become very attracted to these types of pools because potential home buyers don’t see them as a lot of work in the future.
6. Much Harder for Algae to Grow: Algae is the bane of any pool owner’s existence, and fiberglass pools have become well known to combat ‘the green monster" due to their non-porous surface. Every pool gets algae, but with a fiberglass pool, the clean up is so much easier.
7. Seating is Included: These days, every fiberglass pool includes built-in steps and benches, a popular feature that always costs more with other types of pools.
8. The Green Advantage: With all the talk about the environment today, anything that uses less chemicals is a good thing. And when it comes to concrete vs. fiberglass, there’s no question which one uses less.
9. Sound Structure, Built to Last: No matter what your soil conditions are, fiberglass is the ideal suitor because it’s flexible enough to bend with shrink/swell, but strong enough to deal with the constant elements over the years.